When a pandemic strikes and you are stuck indoors, it is essential to build up your immunity and optimize your health.
Here are 5 tips:
1) Stay calm and get enough sleep 7-9 hours depending on your needs
2) Eat well – lots of fruits, vegetables and some form of protein
3) Take Vitamin D, multivitamins (if lacking in your diet) and immuno-boosters like zinc, chinese herbs (I take Jade screen & xanthium formula), Santivia with antioxidants.
4) Get enough exercise; challenge your heart and lungs in a healthy way, and take deep breaths. Exercise has many incredible benefits including boosting your defence system. Exercise for at least 30-45 min, 3 to 5 times a week. Some ideas are in the next blog.
5) If able, spend some time in the sun daily for Vitamin D such as sitting on your balcony or patio, reading by a window. Surround yourself with trees and plants for oxygen.