The group exercise class is designed to improve muscle and core strength, flexibility and dynamic balance. It is conducted by a rehab assistant or fitness trainer specializing in exercise for seniors. Seniors receive instruction on the proper execution of exercises which are performed at the recommended frequency, duration and repetitions. Modifications are made during the class to customize exercise to those attending.
The Physio For Seniors Fitness program includes:
- Muscle strengthening with dumbbells, cuff weights, elastic resistance
- Stretching to improve flexibility
- Core muscle training – trunk, abdominal and back muscle strengthening
- Dynamic balance – in sitting and standing
- Aerobic fitness
- Customized exercises to meet the needs of the participants